Pancakes & Pizza

07:34 Posted In , , Edit This 5 Comments »
Yesterday was the first evening I have had at home for a little while. While that may sound as though I am a total social butterfly, sadly I am not! I am madly trying to study but I find that I can't do it if I'm on my own. A group of us have formed a study group so that we can motivate each other. That was what we told each other it would do, anyway. In reality we seem to spend most of the evenings we get together at each others homes sitting around gossiping and eating rubbish food. It is actually pretty good fun, but it isn't helping us get any work done!

I decided that there really is only so studying much a girl can do before she needs a break. For me that means that I usually last 20 minutes before I get bored. I woke up yesterday morning and decided that enough was enough! I was going to take the entire day off, devil that I am.

I made pancakes for breakfast.



I then took Sam out for one of the longest walks I think he has ever been on before deciding that I had to go shopping with my friend, Amy. I'm not really a great lover of clothes shopping but I did myself proud yesterday. Two dresses, one skirt and two pairs of shoes later, I was done. I seem to get to a certain point when I have just had enough of shopping and I just want to go home; I don't know if this is just me? It was a great day though and really lovely to spend some time with Amy.

I would love to say that I had a lovely, healthy dinner, but I didn't. Amy and I ended up with pizza. I was going to make it myself but I'm not the number one pizza maker the world has ever known, so we decided to order one instead. I think making the pancakes was enough for me for one day! I am trying to make myself feel a little bit better about it by telling you that I did take Sam out for another really long walk, but I don't think that even all that walking has stopped me from putting on some weight!



In summary, yesterday was just a run-of-mill day, but it was one that I really needed. It does us good to have a break from the same old routine, don't you think?

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I think that sometimes a day completely away from the studying & school grind is really helpful! I know how you feel about concentrating -- I never seem to last very long either these days, much to my detriment. It sounds like you had a great day, and the pizza and pancakes look so delicious!

Bathwater said...

Getting out is a good thing as long as you continue with your goals. I got to remember to get out more.

Stephanie Faris said...

They say pizza is the healthiest junk food. It does represent a lot of the food groups! I've tried making my own pizza but it never seems to taste as good. I personally have found Wal-Mart's pizza (over in the deli, refrigerated, NOT the frozen ones!) are yummy.

Talita said...

Perfect pizza and pancakes! I also love to have pancakes for breakfast.

Emma said...

Thank you everyone for leaving such lovely comments! I have been bad at replying, I know i have, but I do try.

Jessica - I really believe that it is because I'm in my final year. I started off so well but I have been found wanting for a lot of this year so far!

Bathwater - I always keep my eye on that final prize, no matter how lazy I feel at times!

Stephanie - I think it's fine if it's eaten in moderation, much like everything really.

Talita - Thank you! I do love pancakes, they are simple and easy to make, so they are perfect for me!