It's the Final Countdown!

08:01 Posted In , , Edit This 4 Comments »
The next few days are very busy ones for me.

Wednesday is, of course, St Patrick's Day. I already have the t-shirt all lined up! (It really is NOT the most flattering photo of me)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I will let you know if it works!

The big day of the week is going to be Thursday - Match Day! Thursday is the day I find out where I will doing my residency. I am hoping to either stay here or to go on to Houston, I shall soon find out! Crazy work hours ahead, no matter where I go.

One more thing!

I am looking to cook more food from scratch; do you have any idea's of any cookery books I might find useful to get me going? I'm not really a huge dessert fan, more of a entree and main course girl. I am also a novice in the kitchen, so any ideas for books will be great! Thank you.

4 comments:

Bathwater said...

That shirt will work trust me. You'll be swatting them away.

Emma said...

You are too sweet, really!

Jessica said...

Have fun with your t-shirt - how cute.

I love cookbooks and I don't use them near as often as I should. I think that The Joy of Cooking really is an amazing cookbook. It's great because if you think, oh I'd really like to cook "x" but I don't know how, there's a 99% chance the JoC has the recipe. I use it all of the time for things that seem really obvious (like cooking rice or hard boiling eggs) that I don't know how to do. I've also been using the Martha Stewart Everyday Food cookbook a lot lately. The recipes in there are super simple and I've been trying to plan out my meals for the week so that I don't order as much takeout. I think it's a great book for people who aren't at home all day to cook. Other really great cookery books that I love: Silver Palate (just fun recipes for yummy food), Julia Child's The Way to Cook, all of Ina Garten's cookbooks are great, Pam Anderson's The Perfect Recipe or Cook Smart, Cook's Illustrated The New Best Recipe. I've heard Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything is a really great book and Keller's Ad Hoc at Home is supposed to be fantastic.

Emma said...

Jessica, thank you so much for these books! I'm definitely going to get the JoC one and the Martha Stewart one as well.

I have only been on here for a couple of weeks, yet you have been so lovely to me, thank you!